06 December 2013

Our Basement


I haven't shown much of our home lately...so I thought I'd update you on what's new. We are very lucky to have such a bright and open basement, especially being this is a 123 year old house. If your not familiar with our home, it was moved to this location, hence the modern basement.


See those chairs above...love those! They are so comfy....and nice and deep too....it's the perfect place to curl up in..

This is a "new" old table I found. It was one of those Formica like brown tables for $20.00, I thought I'd bring it home to see if I could update it with some paint....for only $20.00 bucks I didn't have much to lose. I made some homemade chalk paint then waxed it with dark furniture wax...I like how it turned out. I was trying to find a round table so that I could make it look like an old library table...I think it's getting there. I still have things to do to down here....like find some different chairs for around the table...but it's working for now.

16 comments:

  1. It is the loveliest basement I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It's beautiful and looks so homey!
    Take care Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this is a super gorgeous room! So light filled. I admire so much how you have styled it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, i love this room! Reminds me of the english countryside

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how beautiful and sun shiny!! It's just lovely. tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks beautiful, light and comfortable indeed! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so envious Andrea. Our basement looks like a dungeon, and even if we decorated it just like yours (and got rid of the kid junk that fills it) it would still look like a dungeon. Very nice Andrea....

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous basement! Love everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great basement, Andrea! Wow!!! You are so blessed to have so much light and space down there! That room is the total opposite of my basement. lol Love all the sunlight streaming in! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. You surely know how to maximize the space in your basement. The combination of white and wooden furniture was fantastic. It kinda reminds me of a cottage house with rare finds and shabby chic fixtures. It was very lovely, Andrea!

    Lynn Williamson @ DAL Builders

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andrea it looks like a magazine spread...so very pretty!!! Hope this finds you well and happy! x0

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Andrea,
    It looks amazing!!!! It looks like a home right out of the French country side.
    Beautiful job my friend!!
    Hope your doing well and have a lovely day!
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andrea your basement is gorgeous! What a treat to have such a lovely addition to your home.especially in an older home! Love how open and bright it is.You did an amazing job styling it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful Andrea!!!
    Such a calm gentle space...love what you've created here!

    All my heart,
    Deborah xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I had a hideaway like this. So beautiful and peaceful. The chairs with the different pillows are beautiful. What a steal on that tables and you did a great job! Everything looks so comfy and cozy.

    ReplyDelete